
My MOPS group held our annual retreat this past weekend. We got a cabin in Wears Valley that was really nice. Other than me not being able to find the restaurant in Townsend, the weekend was perfect. We had dinner on Friday night, headed up to the cabin to get settled and have devotions, and then stayed up until 2 am talking and laughing. On Saturday we shopped at the outlets after breakfast and then enjoyed a relaxing afternoon on our own. I took a bath and read a book (I can't remember the last time I did that and it was great!). We cooked dinner and ate as a group, had a devotional time, and started chatting again. I gave up and went to bed around midnight. When I got home yesterday I was sleepy, but unbelievably refreshed after a weekend without having to meet anyone's needs but my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment