Saturday, May 26, 2007

Success!

We have been talking about going potty for the past year, and after a couple of failed attempts last summer and last fall I gave up until Evie was older. I set Memorial day weekend as Potty Training Bootcamp in our house and have been dreading it for the past couple of weeks. Much to my surprise it was incredibly easy this time around. Last Sunday after church Evie asked to wear big girl panties...I wasn't going to turn down that request. She had two accidents, but it was a pretty good start. On Monday she got a jelly bean every half hour if she had dry panties and got to put a sticker on a chart every time she went potty. She was doing really well, but then got sick with pneumonia Monday night. I thought all this success was going to go down the drain since she couldn't even get off the couch. Amazingly after three days in diapers she picked up right where she left off on Friday morning. She earned her Emily engine by filling her chart with stickers on Saturday morning and we felt confident enough to take her out to eat on Saturday night in her big girl panties. I'm sure if we hadn't struggled with it for the past year it wouldn't have been so easy, but we are so happy to have a big girl now!

Evie with her new Emily engine
Her potty chart full of stickers

Wait a minute Mom, I have to tell Daddy I went potty

No comments: