I had some bloodwork done this morning at the Ob/Gyn's office. Evie came with me while Andrew was at preschool, and she provided a lot of entertainment for everyone. In the waiting room she looked around and realized we were surrounded by pregnant women. Evie started patting me and asked, "Do you have a baby in your belly?" She was pretty excited when she asked, and I guess she thought that must be the reason we were there. I told her no, and she paused for a minute then asked, "Do you want a baby in your belly?" with a hopeful look on her face. I had to tell her "No" again. This wasn't exactly a private conversation either as all the pregnant women listened to us talk. When the nurse came and took us back to draw the blood, Evie asked if I was a brave girl. I said I was. She then told me that she got a shot last week and she cried a little so it was okay if I needed to cry. I told her I was very brave and promised not to cry. Everyone who walked by had to stop and talk to Evie, so she ended up with six princess stickers from all the nurses. She put all six of them on her shirt. She was pretty happy about that and on the way out she told me she was very proud of me for being a brave girl. (She was very sweet and gave away five of her princess stickers to her friends at gymnastics) Life is always more interesting with Evie!
Evie won the drawing at last week's TLG party, so Mrs. Sarah had her prize when we got to gymnastics today. Evie was so excited when she opened the backpack to find a shirt, CD, water bottle, and lunch box.
No comments:
Post a Comment