Saturday, August 16, 2008

Orchestra Cookout

The orchestra had there kickoff party tonight at the lake. This was the first time either of the kids had gone swimming in the lake and were so excited about it all day. The also got to take their first boat rides. Evie loved it, but Andrew wasn't so sure about the wind. He sat on Mommy's lap and fell asleep in the ski boat. The highlight of the evening was when Evie ran up from the dock towards the house and started stripping off her bathing suit in the middle of the yard. I don't know what possessed her to do that, but I had to run across the yard and cover her up with a towel. That has never happened in all the times we have gone swimming, to the splashpad, or at the beach. Everyone laughed, but I was a little embarrassed that my daughter mooned the orchestra! We have been learning about privacy lately, so I think a lesson in modesty is up next. Overall, we had a great time and really enjoyed spending time with our friends!
Evie was fearless as usual and jumped right in
Andrew just wanted Daddy to hold him in the water
The dads took all four kids on a paddleboat ride

2 comments:

JMBMOMMY said...

I have been wondering when do they start shutting the door when they go to the bathroom, closing the door when they dress, etc...but decided to just let them enjoy the innocence for a little longer! Sounds like you guys had a great end to summer.

Mimi said...

I'm guessing the the streaking of that little white moon was forgiven by all.........

Mimi