Evie and Andrew had their very first Oreos after lunch today. While food allergies are really minor compared to other things our kids could be facing, it hasn't always been easy and sometimes it's been a little sad when they couldn't have the same foods as the rest of their friends. My friend April let me know that her egg allergic twins can have Oreos and then a couple of weeks later my friend Jill told me that her milk allergic daughter can eat Oreos. Could it possibly be that both my kids could eat a cookie from a package on the shelf at a regular grocery store? Sure enough, Oreos are milk and egg free!
5 comments:
yeah! I can't imagine how hard this has to be! yeah for Oreos--now the fun thing is getting all that out of their teeth!!! :)
Yay for eating Oreos! What a treat!
How great! Looks like they LOVE them!!! =)
Oreos! I even knew that my friend who's daughter has milk allergies could have them. I'm sorry I never thought to mention it!
Yea for Evie & andrew!! What a treat for them. I always scrap the middle off and only eat the cookie -- I'm weird though. I don't like any type of icing usually! I'm glad they can enjoy something!
Post a Comment