The latest earth-friendly trend is to use reusable grocery bags. I didn't use cloth diapers and I don't have a compost pile, but these bags seem like an easy way to do a small part to keep the earth cleaner. My sister bought me some great bags for my birthday that aren't store specific (apparently it would be scandalous to take the nicer Kroger bag to Wal-mart). I have learned that even if stores sell cloth bags, not all of them are nice about actually bagging your groceries in them. I was shocked the first time I used them at Walmart and the checkout lady just started piling up my groceries on top of the bag carousel. However, I got a pleasant surprise at Target this week. Because I brought my own bag I got a nickel deducted from my total. The cashier told me for each reusable bag you bring (doesn't even have to be the Target brand) you get a five cent rebate. It isn't much, but it is an encouragement to consumers to BYOB and it's a nickel you don't have to spend!

1 comment:
Very cool. I reuse my plastic bags does that count for anything?? :) Love the BYOB--that is a new one for those letters. LOL!
Post a Comment