This year for Father's Day Phil wanted the family to go camping. We headed up to Clingmans Dome on Saturday morning for the short, but steep hike to the observation tower. After a picnic lunch we drove to our camp site in Elkmont. The kids had a great time helping set up the tent and unload the firewood. They got to splash in the river, play in the dirt, and eat dinner cooked over a fire. It was a long night in the tent, but the kids actually got more sleep than I thought they would. I got up early to head to the bathroom and made it back to our campsite just as it was starting to rain. Phil and the kids were warm and dry in the tent, while the in-laws and I ended up climbing on top of the picnic table under a canopy trying to stay dry. It stormed for over an hour and put out our fire, so breakfast had to be moved to Gatlinburg. We had a yummy pancake breakfast and packed up to head home. As we were driving by Dollywood we decided to stop for a couple of hours. We were already messy and damp, so it seemed like the ideal time to take the kids on the new River Battle ride and the River Rampage. The kids were so excited to finally ride the River Rampage and we ended up riding it twice. It was definitely a busy, wet, and fun weekend. Happy Father's Day Phil!
2 comments:
I'm glad you all had fun! That's an awesome way to spend Father's Day weekend.
You are such a good sport! I'm glad you all had fun even though the weather changed your plans somewhat. And what a perfect time for the water rides at Dollywood! Good idea!! Happy Father's Day Phil!
Post a Comment