Andrew went to his first day of Pre-K at West Hills Baptist today. We wrestled with the decision of sending him on to kindergarten or giving him an extra year to mature. Phil and I both are very confident that we made the right decision by putting him in a 5 day Fives program instead of public school kindergarten this year. This is the first time he has been to a new place in 3 years, so I didn't know how he would react. He was completely fine! I am the one that had a hard time with it. I guess I lingered too long, because he finally asked me if I was ready to go yet. The only concern he had was lunch. They provide a hot lunch and after 3 years of taking his lunch he just couldn't understand why he didn't have a lunch box. His fears were put to rest when they served pizza and broccoli (he loves both)! He had a great day and can't wait to go back to see his teachers and new friends again.
Me: That is a great backpack, Andrew.
Andrew: Yeah, mom, it is sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment