Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Pre K Field Trip

Andrew's class (along with the kindergarten class at WHBC) went on field trip today to the library and Food City. Story time at the library was great because we got to go before they opened to the public. Then we headed to Food City. I cannot even imagine what the shoppers thought of 30 five and six year olds being paraded through the store. We got to go through the bakery, the credit union, the meat dept, the stock room, the freezer, etc. Andrew was not thrilled about the hair net, so we improvised and put his hood up with the hair net on top of it. The kids loved watching hamburger being ground and touching the lobsters, but the real highlight of the trip was riding the school bus to get there.!

Story time at the library

Chaos in hair nets

Lobsters at Food City


1 comment:

Libby said...

I chaparoned on my son's grocery store field trip a few years ago. It was incredibly anxiety producing (in me!) making sure he stayed away from all the potential allergens. I'm glad you all had fun!