Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I know this is very late, but it was cute and sweet so I want to remember it.  Evie has been talking about having a candlelight dinner for the past few weeks, so I decided Valentine's Day would be the perfect time to do it.  I got the table all set and called everyone in to eat.  Of course she was excited, but not for the reason I thought.  She said, "It's pretty and think how much energy we are saving by using candles."  I couldn't help but laugh at that point.  We wrapped up dinner with Corinthians 13:4-7.  While flowers and candy are wonderful, I want our kids to know what love is really about.  It's not easy to love the way the Bible tells us to, but it is definitely something to strive for.


Romantic Energy Efficient candle light dinner


No comments: