So proud of himself!
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Big boy underwear
We took the plunge and put Andrew in big boy underwear on Sunday. We had intended to make this big switch during Memorial Day weekend just like we did last year with Evie, but the stomach virus changed those plans. We then decided to just wait until the end of June after VBS and our beach trip. Andrew, however, accelerated his transition by taking off his pull-up and making a huge mess on the floor and in Evie's princess tea set when we got home from church on Sunday. Monday was an absolute nightmare, but that is what I had expected and dreaded for weeks. I don't want to jinx it, but he woke up with a better attitude today and has kept dry pants for 6 hours now. He filled up his potty chart (one sticker for each time he went potty), so we will be taking him for ice cream tonight. Evie was pretty upset about not getting a Skittle and sticker every time she went potty, so we chose a treat they both could enjoy. We told her she had to be a good big sister and help remind Andrew to go potty, and she has taken the job seriously and cheered for her baby brother on every trip to the bathroom. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Girl, I am walking life right beside you! So anytime you need to vent or cry or laugh...you just come on! :) We have been in this "process" for almost one year now! And I am finally (thought I would NEVER say this) seeing the end result...an almost 3 year old potty trained. We are not perfectly trained yet....but we are so close I can relax a little....LOL! We are still using pull-ups at night and a few nights ago Matei but M to bed and forgot to take off his big boy underwear...the next morning when Matei took him to potty he discovered dry underwear--we were so impressed!
Post a Comment