Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Preschool graduation

Evie graduated from preschool this afternoon. I put Andrew in an extra day of preschool so I could spend some special time with her this morning. We went to Build a Bear to stuff a bear and dress her up for graduation too. I enjoyed the time with just the two of us. Evie told me as we were going into the church that it was fun to have time alone, so I am going to have to make a bigger effort to spend more one on one time with her. After making her bear we had a gourmet lunch at Burger King. While we were eating she was telling me about her cap and gown. She was so serious as she said that her head was too small for the hat, so her teachers were going to fix it. I had to tell her that her head was just right and her teachers were going to fix her hat, not her head. It was too funny! The kids were all so cute at graduation, and I almost made it through without any tears. The teachers made a slide show with all the kids baby pictures and pictures from the year. While Evie's pictures were being shown, Steven Curtis Chapman's Cinderella was playing and I got a little teary eyed thinking about how quickly she has grown up. She literally told everyone we saw today that she was graduating preschool so she could go to kindergarten. She is definitely ready to take that big step in August!

Such a sweetheart!Evie and her bear
Mrs.Gray~Evie~Mrs.Lemons

Mommy~Evie~Daddy

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Now I have tears in my eyes! I can't believe Evie is headed to Kindergarten. It seems like yesterday when you brought her and a very little baby Andrew over to my house trick-or-treating. Glad you were able to spend quality time together on such a special day :)

Brandi said...

I am teary eyed too! What a special day.

Fields said...

Now I am teary too!