Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Mice

Snow day #2 this week was still really cold and the snow was basically reduced to ice, so it was an inside day for us. I had seen these cute candy cane mice on Southern Plate and bought the supplies to make them over the weekend. The plan was to do this craft during Christmas break, but it worked out to do them a little earlier. It entertained the kids for the afternoon and provided favors to Andrew's preschool party next week. I did all of the cutting, but the kids were able to do the assembly all by themselves. By the way, I learned that 6 and 5 is still too young to break out the hot glue gun! The kids thought they were cute, but Andrew wanted to know where their mouths were going to go. Evie informed him that they don't have mouths so they won't eat the candy canes. Love these kids!

Putting the ears on the body
Gluing on eyes and noses
Our army of mice. Their candy cane tails are color coordinated to their noses thanks to Evie!
The finished product on the tree

No comments: