1. Showing and talking about your love for God
2.Showing and talking about your love for each other
3.Catch your child doing something right and praise them for it
4.Ruthlessly eliminate all hurry
5.Smile....and mean it
6.Pray for and with your children
7.Have family devotions every night
8.Show trust, respect, and forgiveness...expect it in return
9.Have a family fun night-mark it on the calendar and don't let anything get in the way
10.Do many things together as a family (camping, board games, travel, etc)
11.Pick a discipline plan, agree on it, implement it and follow through
Doris came up with this list after raising two kids, being in ministry for 30 years, working as a school teacher, and watching what has worked for successful families. This list isn't guaranteeing perfect children, but by following it when the day comes for you to let go of your children you will have no regrets. I absolutely loved this, and some of it is not going to be easy, but Phil and I realize this is Evie and Andrew's childhood and we only get one chance to do right by them. A huge thanks to Doris for sharing this blueprint!
Andrew is getting really good at talking on the phone
This outfit is just so Evie right now!
1 comment:
I am so glad you posted this. I'm going to share it on my blog as well.
Post a Comment