Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Released from the ENT
Andrew had an appointment with his ENT, Dr.Graves, this morning and we got nothing but good news. He is healing well and unless he has any more problems with multiple sinus infections we don't have to go back to Dr.Graves. He is a wonderful doctor and we really like him, but I hope we never see him again :) We also confirmed a possible cause for chronic sinus inflammation. Andrew has been on a wheat free diet since October when his skin test showed a severe allergy to wheat. A couple of weeks after surgery we re-introduced wheat for a week and it caused major sinus drainage and reflux, which he hadn't had any trouble with since going off his medication in October. Two different allergists had assured me in the fall that no, wheat was not causing his sinus problems. That would just be too rare. Dr.Graves agreed that it would be very rare, but so is a two year old that needs sinus surgery. Food allergies affect the GI and respiratory tracts, so there is no reason to rule it out as the cause of Andrew's problems. I hate that Andrew is allergic to wheat, but I am thrilled that it is something I can control and we may be able to avoid any further sinus complications.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is great news Janet!!! Maybe some day we will have the same type of great news. I think we were there at the same time but didn't see you all! We got in there around 10:20. I'm glad Andrew is doing so well!! YEA!!!!
Janet M
Post a Comment