Tuesday, November 04, 2008

VOTE

Evie's preschool class talked about voting today and held a mock election. We have been fairly careful not to discuss current politics in front of her, because she is like a little sponge. We let her watch CNN and the Weather Channel with us during Hurricane Ike coverage and it really upset her. She is still praying for people in Texas. Right or wrong, I have sheltered her a little bit since then. Our girl didn't vote the same way that her parents did, and she voted differently than her friends because her choice wasn't the one elected by her class. I asked her why she voted for that candidate and she said, "Because he is going to win and I want to be a winner." We'll see if the four year old predicted correctly.


2 comments:

JMBMOMMY said...

So cute! I have a feeling her prediction could be right :)

Mimi said...

I love your stars, Evie. I think handing out the paper is a very important job!

Mimi