Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Cookies

I was really excited to find a Christmas cookie recipe that was milk and egg free this year. We made them with the kids, but when I mixed up the dough I was afraid it wasn't stiff enough to use the cookie cutters. It wasn't anything like the pictures in the magazine. It might be due to the fact that we had to use dairy free margarine instead of butter. The kids weren't nearly as disappointed as their mama though. They made shapes and rolled it with the rolling pin and then made little balls out of it. It wasn't what I wanted or expected, but the two little ones enjoyed it.









2 comments:

Bridgette said...

So did they taste okay?

Janet L said...

They didn't have much flavor, but they were definitely better than the Cherrybrook Farm mix that you can buy. Lots of icing and sprinkles made them much better!