Sunday, December 14, 2008

Monday @ Disney

We were all so tired from Sunday, we got a late start on Monday. We got to Hollywood Studios around 9:30 and knew our first stop needed to be the new Toy Story ride. As we were walking to it, we spotted Daisy and Minnie. I decided I would just fast pass toy story while the kids waited, but the fast pass return time was between 3:45 and 4:45 and I knew the kids wouldn't last six hours in park. The standby time was 70 minutes and I knew that wasn't going to happen either, so we decided to just try again another day. After Daisy and Minnie we went in search of Lightning and Mater. I knew they were in Louigi's Garage, but that wasn't on the map. We asked a cast member and finally found it stuck back in a corner. The line was really short, so I guess most people didn't even know it was there. This was one of a handful of must-do's for our family on this trip, and Andrew was fascinated by them. We got to have lunch at Hollywood & Vine with the Little Einsteins and JoJo & Goliath. Our kids don't even watch JoJo, but they both just loved Goliath when he came to our table and gave him lots of hugs. Every 10 minutes a cast member would come out and encourage the kids to get up and dance. Andrew is not usually big on participating in these kinds of things, but by the third time he was the first one up there. I was completely impressed with how Disney handles food allergies. This lunch was a buffet, so a chef came and took me through the buffet line and helped me pick out all the foods the kids could eat. We headed back to our room after lunch and both kids took a 2 hour nap.

Phil and I decided to take Evie on a special date night to the Magic Kingdom to see the SpectroMagic parade and Wishes fireworks. We wanted her to be able to see these, but we were pretty sure Andrew couldn't handle the waiting. We let her watch the Dreams show at the castle again, got dinner to go, and found a spot to watch the parade. As we were walking, a cast member came over and gave us a Tinkerbell pin. He saw my UNCC alumni shirt and payed a fellow alum a visit. We didn't do the pin trading while at Disney, but Evie was excited to have a Tink pin. She liked the parade, but she really loved the fireworks.


Daisy, Evie, and Minnie



Andrew hugging Goliath


Evie, June, and Andrew



Phil, Evie, and Andrew with Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater


Evie and Daddy on our date night

The iced castle

No comments: