Monday, December 15, 2008

Friday @ Disney

Friday morning we went to the Magic Kingdom one last time to ride a few things we had missed and do our favorites again. We thought a Friday might be more crowded, but it was a chilly morning and apparently everyone chose to sleep in under the warm covers and we had the place to ourselves until lunch time. The only must-do that hadn't been done yet was Space Mountain. I can now say I've had the experience as an adult, but I don't think it is one I care to repeat. I'm not afraid of the dark or roller coasters, but the combination doesn't appeal to me at all. It started getting really crowded around 1:00, so we went back to rest up before dinner. We had dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare inside the Grand Floridian. The kids had been watching boats all week bring people to the Magic Kingdom, so we rode those instead of the monorail to dinner. Before going to eat, we had to check out the huge gingerbread house in the main building. It was so big that two people were working inside it selling cookies. Very impressive! At dinner we got to meet Cinderella, Prince Charming, Drizella, Anastasia, and Lady Tremaine. We were seated in the center of the restaurant and every hour Cinderella and Prince Charming come there to dance. They then pick a child to come dance with them. Evie got to dance with Prince Charming, which was so special. To her, he really is Prince Charming and not just some guy in a costume. It was one of my favorite moments from the entire trip. Phil and I dropped the kids back off at the room after dinner and headed to Epcot one last time to watch the fireworks. It was freezing cold, but we had a great time. We sampled Cokes from around the world and walked to Germany to have a cinnamon pretzel. It was a great last eveing at Disney!
Gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian

Evie and Prince Charming

Drizella talking to Andrew under the table; he was hiding in Papa's lap
Evie dancing with the prince


Fireworks at Epcot~Phil loved all of the explosions




No comments: