Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Pictures

We made it through another Christmas marathon. Phil did a wonderful job playing with the brass quintet at the Christmas Eve service. Evie got to go to big church and she did a great job sitting still. I was very nervous about giving her a candle to light. She did drip some hot wax on herself, but she didn't burn the church down. Christmas morning we woke up at my grandparents' house for a big breakfast with the whole family. After lots of yummy food and playing with cousins, we headed to Auntie Laura's house to have dinner with Mimi. The kids were pretty wiped out at this point. We got up the day after Christmas and headed back over to Laura's for breakfast with Papaw Rick. We finished up the day with a hair cut for me, shopping/making returns, and driving home. We still had more celebrating to do with Phil's parents on Saturday. Luckily it was a beautiful day so the kids got to play outside on the playground after being cooped up inside for a few days. We are so blessed to have big families that love us, but Christmas travel always wears us out.

Evie on Christmas morning
Andrew and Phil

We Three Kings of Orient are...okay there are four, but you get the idea

Jared~Papaw~Darrick~Uncle Jimmy

Evie's new umbrella from Mimi

Andrew's Lightning helmet



Roller skates were the only thing Evie asked for~ Thanks Auntie Laura

My children playing with bubble wrap

The Banshee from Papaw Rick...he eats a "teeny" Mater

Andrew's new bike from Nana and Papa
Matching pj's with her bitty twin Ana

3 comments:

Mimi said...

I love the green bike! I wondered what color it would be. I'm glad the Cars helmet & pads will look alright with it.
You should have included "all" my children in the bubble photo since Phil was the ringleader of that little bit of fun!
Bitty Ana is a lucky little doll to have Evie for a Little Mommy and a good Nana to make sure they can be dressed alike!
Mimi

Abe said...

The umbrella is ADORABLE. I would almost risk carrying that on the streets of Chicago if I wouldn't be worried about getting jumped ;)

Mimi said...

Andrew has the froggie umbrella which can be seen in his birthday photos. Both came from Hands On! in downtown Johnson City. Shall we send one to you, Abe? They had 4 different kinds, but I don't remember what animals the others portrayed.
Mimi